I always forget how much work it is to set up a new classroom. Trying to get things put away. Pull out the "easy" stuff and put up the "hard" stuff for later in the year. Put names on desks, nametags, desk tags, cubbies, the wall outside the door, the leader board. I'm sure I'm for getting something that I'll remember a few minutes before school starts on Monday. Today is a "workday". I try to get as much labled as I can today because tonight is meet the teacher. I only have half a day Friday to finish up for Monday.
Yesterday we spent the day meeting and trying to figure out what we would teach the kids for the first few weeks. Everything is new. The district adopted a new curriculim system and so most of what we used to do doesn't fit it. But that's ok, because what we got is going to be a good thing. The problem is getting some of the teachers to let go of the way they have been doing it for the past 10 years because it doesnt' work anymore. Kids now are digital and most raised on the TV, that you almost have to "entertain" to teach them. Make sense?
Ok, better go shower and get busy. Have a great day.
6:11 AM
August 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM �
And some of us will benefit from you not getting to use what you have! Yeah me!
August 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM �
2008-2009 What a good year this is going to be.... For everyone, change is good just not always widly accepted.....
August 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM �
Isn't time always what we seem to never have enough of??? They when we think we do it still seems to slip thru our fingers.